Rumble Rank is a technology that determines the virality and value of a video within a respective category. A simple way to look at Rumble Rank, is to look at it like Google’s Page Rank. The Rumble Rank sorts through thousands of videos and discovers the best ones, just like Page Rank discovers the best web pages in search.
Rumble Rank scores are determined by over 200 different factors, including by not limited to; examining the actual video; examining past and present behaviour of a user; and examining how videos perform across rumble and 3rd party websites. Let me get a little more granular by including a few examples…
Certain types of videos tend to perform better than others, though there is always exceptions to these rules. For instance:
- A blurry video is going to perform worse than a similar crisp and clear video.
- A portrait video with giant black side bars will perform worse than a similar video that utilizes the full space of most screens.
- Even a loud and obnoxious video tends to perform worse than a similar video you can clearly hear.
- A video that is being widely shared by the news, friends, twitter, etc.
We analyze a user’s behavior in many ways. First off, I want to be clear that we never penalize a user for trying too hard. A user can upload 100’s of videos, where only one might go viral (this is normal). Some methods on gauging users are as follows, but certainly not limited to the below.
- The longer you have continued success with Rumble, the more authoritative of a user our Rumble Rank will make you.
- If you are contributing lots of a sports videos, our Rumble Rank will recognize you as an authoritative user for Sports. So when you are start tagging and sharing videos within sports, Rumble Rank will listen a little closer J
Rumble Rank is a complicated algorithm, which looks at over 200 different metrics across different aspects of a video. The above is a small sample of the data we actually look at. My best advice for creators? Create a video that people want to watch, and Rumble Rank will do the rest 🙂